The Elusive “All My Life” Baby Book

All My Life Record BookThe All My Life Baby Book was published in 1972 by C.R. Gibson. This beautiful book was illustrated by Vivienne DeMuth and captured baby memories from birth through life. It starts out as a baby book, but it includes graduations, marriage, etc. We frequently have customers ask us about availability of the All My Life Book and unfortunately it is now out of print and quite rare to come across a copy. In fact, the only source where we have seen “All My Life” for sale is eBay. A copy recently sold there for $131.

You can keep an eye out for it by doing an eBay search for All My Life Baby Book. Although BabySakes does not currently have a full life memory book, we do offer The Story of ME baby memory book that includes 80 pages, going up to age 18. In a 3-ring binder format, it allows you to add/remove pages to adjust to your child’s story.

We have been on the lookout for another baby book like “All My Life” that covers the entire life of a person, but we haven’t been able to find one (there was another called “The Life and Times Record Book” which has also been discontinued). If you know of a life record book… please comment below to share with others, and we’d love to know too!

Comments

1. jody Goodson says:

I had this book for my daughter who will be 30 in Sept of this year and is about to give birth to her first grandchild. We have been searching every where for a copy of this book! If any one knows where to find one or even something similar please contact me.

•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
      CAROLYN

• I have this book for all 3 of my children. My oldest, 28 is having her first baby in December and I have been going crazy looking for it. At least now I know it is no where to be found. Such a shame, it is the perfect baby/life book

2. Jody Goodson says:

My daughter gave birth on June 20th, 2007 and we still have not found a baby book that comes close! Please if any one finds one I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me.

3. Aubrey Stewart says:

To whom it may concern, I’m trying to find the
    All My Life Baby Book by Divienne Demuth. I’m
    having a hard time finding one. It’s for my
    Cousin that just turned 21 and she just found out
    that she is pregnet. If you know where I can find
    it please email me at masinireyes17@hotmail.com
    My name is Aubrey Stewart. I would really appreciate it.
    Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Aubrey Stewart

4. I am 58. I had a baby book that was All Her
    LIfe. When I had my babies, I got them All My
    Life, and also for 11 of my grandchildren. I
    would like to find a couple more for my other
    grandchildren, but haven’t had any luck.

5. I had this book for both my children and have one in my cedar chest for my 1st grandchild. Such a lovely book and I can’t imagine not having a complete journal of my children as they grew up.

6. If the book is requested enough, why can’t Gibsoproduce them again?

7. My mother recieved a copy of this book when I was born 27 years ago. I’ve been looking for one ever since I found out I’m expecting my first child in March. I’d really like to find a similar one for my child. I really enjoy looking back at mine and reading about my life as my mom wrote it down through out the years. If any one finds a copy of this one or one similar, please email. THANKS!!

8. grif47 @msn.com says:

I am sure that the book was published 1970 because I My mom Bought me 1for my oldest Daughter in 1971.
    Then I found another one in 1990 in a hospital gift shop before my oldest granddaughter was born.If there is any way to find another one I would really like to find it .

9. FPetruzzel@aol.com says:

I have been searching for this book for a very long time! I am now waiting for the birth of my first grandchild and I would love to buy a copy….or 2 or 3…I had this for my children and I have never seen anything like it since!

10. why doesn’t a publisher like CR Gibson do the ALL MY LIFE again –BRING IT BACK–
    I AM ABOUT TO GIVE MY DAUGHTER HERS AFTER HER WEDDING AND SHE’S HAVING HER 1ST CHILD. I WANTED TO GIVE HER THE SAME (new) all MY LIFE RECORDS BOOK FOR HER NEW BABY — ITS A SHAME MOST ONLY GO TO AGE 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. this is such in great demand. cr Gibson
    should publish this again. My daughter is 26, I am giving her hers for the first time for Xmas, she is expecting March her first child and I wanted her to have the same memory book. please let me know where I can get one carolepudlock@hotmail.com

12. BrandiSolorzano says:

I have on that I bought at a yard sale for $1.00. I am interested in finding out the year, because the cover is different from above, and doesn’t have a year, just the series number. Its blue never used at all in fact I had to open the box. It was mashed but the book is flawless. There are silver and gold pictures and the title as well is gold. Hope somebody can help me!!!!

13. My mother was given this book at my birth. My
    book was destroyed by Hurricane Andrew in 1992. I would love to have another book like it. Searched the
    web but cant find the baby book.

14. Jolene Billing says:

I have an “All My Life Book”, maybe not from the same company, but I am now 61 years old. I purchased All My Life Book” for my two children, who are now 39 & 41. My daughter was also able to find them for her two children and also her niece. They are just wonder to have.

15. Rhea Smith says:

I was given this book for both of my children at birth – one in 1976 and one in 1981 and to this day I keep track of thier life events in it knowing that it will become a family heirloom. I am now searching for one for my unborn grandchild. If anyone knows where to find one or if they will ever be published again – please post the info

16. I got one in 1958 when I was born. I found one in 1982 when my son was born. I have not been able to find one for my other two kids. now I am looking for one for my soon to be here granddaughter.

17. Eileen says:

I believe the dating mentioned above is incorrect for this book. I have an unused copy still in the box in pristine condition dated 1958. It has a prettier cover that the above seventies version. The book in the picture above is the same one that my mom got me back in 1974. I am still deciding whether to eBay my 1958 book. I have seen copies go for $100 to over $200 for the 1970’s book. These are indeed the “Holy Grail” of baby books as there seem to be none that come close in comparison these days. I love my own personal one.

18. Teresa Andert says:

I also think that this baby book is the best that I have ever in my life have seen. I am still putting things in it for my children. My oldest child is now going to be turning 31, then there is one child that it is 18 & one more that is 17. I have the book for my children. But when my grandson came along I could not find it. Like the rest of you I do not understand why they don’t print it again.Are would they give the right to let someone else print it again.

19. Shelley B. says:

I have a copy of this baby book for my oldest 4 children, born in 1991, 1993, 1996, and 2007. My mother found them in a small Amish-owned fabric store in central IL. Just had my 5th child 3 weeks ago and mom sent me another baby book, but sadly not the All My Life one. The Amish store must not have had any more, but I’ll be trying to find out! My mom had the same baby book for me, and I was born in 1970. There are a few differences in my book and my childrens’ books….mine has a page for military service, for example. If I can find a source for these baby books, I’ll post again to share it.

20. Shelley B. says:

Since I last posted, my mother was able to aquire another copy of All My Life for my 5th baby, born 5/22/2008! The Amish store again had a copy, though they could not say when they would receive more. The books I have for my children have a 1977 copyright date. I found out from mom that my own All My Life baby book was given to my mother by the hospital I was born at. I wish I could help get copies for everyone looking for one of this outstanding books for their children/grandchildren!!

21. Anonymous says:

I have an All My Life baby book for myself and I would love to get another one

22. $300.00 on amazon.com

23. I bought this book to track my daughters life she is soon going to be 33 and now she is having her first child and i thought i would try and get the same book. Now she really appreciates how the book has tracked all of her life. I was very disappointed to read the book is no longer available.

24. I have the book, but I desperately need some pages copied that have been ruined in the book I have. If anyone can help me….please email me at;

Lsfp1960@aol.com

25. I have this book and will be 34 in August. I have always enjoyed looking back at it. When I was 18, I lucked up and found it at JCPenney’s and purchased it. 10 years later I had my first child and used it for her. I am now expecting my second child and would love to get another copy…guess I am out of luck. I agree with everyone else…the publisher should make this available again. Obviously, it would sell very well! Especially since most books only go to 18 years or so.

26. I, too, am in search of the All my Life baby journals. I have them for my 3 children (24-30-32) and am still putting info in them. Can’t wait for them to have them some day! I have been searching for them for my grandchildren now. THis is the best baby book I have seen and would order TEN just to have them for gifts!!!
    ANY INFORMATION GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!!

27. I just called C.R. Gibson to see if I could find an All My Life book. They are considering coming back out with it but told me if they do it would be atleast a year from now.

28. Stephanie says:

Has anyone found any other copies yet? Are you guys still interested in finding copies?? I’m looking for one for my daughter.

29. Please bring the book back into print, My daughter is about to be 30 and is about to give birth to her second daughter. I was able to find on for my all of my girls but would be willing to buy in bulk so that all my grandchildren could have one.

30. I am 44 years young and have the All My Life Memory book. I also have one for my 20 year old and 16 year old sons. I have been trying to find one for my 12 year old son and newborn daughter but can’t find them anywhere. It is a very special book and I wish The Gibson Company would have never stop making them.

31. Jaco Vosloo says:

If you have a book dated before 1970 then please have it scanned and uploaded to the internet, in many countries it will no longer be under copyright.

32. Anonymous says:

I have been looking for the All My Life baby book for at least 17 years since my first granddaughter was born. This is the first time I have found any reference to it. If it every comes back I would like one.

33. Anonymous says:

I sold one on ebay in 2008 for $250

34. My Mom gave my son his when he was born 28 yrs ago. When my granddaughter was born 10 yrs ago I went back to the department store my Mom got my son’s but they said they didn’t sell it anymore. My son is going to have his 2nd child next week so I thought I would try again. I am really sad to learn that it is out of print. It is such a great baby book!

35. I am fortunate to have bought one when my son was born in 1979. Now I am online looking for one for my first grandchild, my son’s daughter. Wish I could find one, it is a great book, because it doesn’t just cover the first 5 years.

36. Shannon Elwell says:

Yeah. Me too. If anyone finds this book or another that is similar, please let me know. Thanks. Shannon Elwell. Woodstock, Georgia.

37. Vivienne DeMuth would be greatly amused by all this. I spoke to her in December. She’s 97 years old and sharp as a tack.

38. My mother had this book for me. I have had my first daughter and would love to have the same book for her. The newer books don’t come close.